Monday, April 17, 2006

Another update....

Hello again. Sorry it's been so long. Things have been fairly quiet...but busy. April 7-9th we attended the Memorial HS band trip down to the South Coast Music Festival in Corpus Christi. The band did ok, but we had a great time hanging out at the condos. We were able to go visit Mee Mee (Eric's grandma) and Grandma Betty (my grandma) who both live there. I also got to see my cousin Amy and her 2 kids (2.5 and 6 months), both of which I had never met. Also, Grandma Betty bought us our 'travel system,' which the stroller and infant carrier/car seat. We are super excited. We know it won't end up in the nursery, but we have all the baby stuff up there right now for storage and it's getting full....this without the crib! We are so grateful for all the friends and family that are so excited about this baby. Keep us in your prayers as we are diligently praying for a safe and smooth labor and delivery.

Also, good news, Eric's band played at UIL last Wednesday and they got a 1 on stage and a 2 in sightreading. This being Eric's first year teaching (and with the scores the band has got in the past), he was VERY excited and I was extremely proud of him. He did so well! I went and watched in support and was so proud!

This fun Easter weekend came and went so fast. I was on call for work so I was at my computer most of the day Friday/Saturday, but at least Sunday was better. Our church added a Saturday evening service for Easter weekend because of the number of people we had attend last Easter and Christmas Eve. We expected Saturday evening to be mostly members making room for the guests on Sunday, but it was packed! We had 2 overflow rooms that were full. After we played in the orchestra, we ended up going out in the hall and watching it on a screen and listening to the sermon piped in. We were unable to go Sunday morning because Eric played a gig at another church, and work called, but I'm anxious to see how many people were there!

Besides that, we had a fairly uneventful weekend at home. We rearranged the living room. I went crazy scrapbooking, trying to get as much done before the baby comes as possible. I have completely finished my 2005 album and I did my cruise album this weekend. Now if only I could finish my 2003 and 2004 albums (each have about 4 months done). I have also started my wedding album, just sorting those pictures yesterday brought back so many memories, I can't believe it's been almost 5 years. I can't believe the number of pictures we have either!!!! Also, in other news, my sister and her fiance, Matt, bought a house in Pearland this weekend. They still have papers to sign and the inspections, but they'll only be about 25 minutes away from us now! Anyways, that's now for all. I'll add a couple of pictures from the past few months so you can laugh :) To the right is Eric at one of his band concerts in February. The kids in top band were going to play an Elton John song, and they wanted their director to dress up. When he wouldn't, they put the garb on Eric and snapped some pictures. He looks too cute! :)
Here is a pictures of Eric and I at the George Strait concert on 2/28. It was a great concert, we had a good time. We went with Deanna and Chad Nesvadba. I also didn't take pictures of opening day for the Astros.....we had awesome seats. We went with Deanna and Chad, 2 of their friends-Stephanie and Kevin, and Bailey and Matt. The Astros are starting off much stronger than they did last year!!! Woo hoo!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin