Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Stay at Home Mommy and other things!

Well, it's official. I finally quit my job. My last day was last Thursday, however, since I have my CPA and want to keep it, I spent Monday and Tuesday at a boring CPE. Of course this happens when Cara is extremely sick. My mom was able to take off and watch her, we ended up taking her to the doctor yesterday because she has had a runny nose since last Thursday, coughing since Saturday and slept HORRIBLY with all her congestion. At first glance they thought it was RSV. But I took her back today for her 6 month well baby check and other things and it had started clearing up tremendously just since yesterday, so they think it's just a big cold, with some teething (no teeth yet!). She was 18 pounds 5 ounces (90%), 26.75 inches long (86%) and 16 inch head (small). She's growing big. She had been on cereal for a few weeks, but yesterday we started her on apple sauce (her throat was really sore, you should hear her cry, she sounds so pitiful because nothing really comes out, she's hoarse!) which is much more soothing for her throat. Then Friday we're going to start her on some of the Yo! Baby yogurt, which should also help. She's getting to be so big so fast, I can't believe almost 6 months have FLOWN by already.

Anyways, I have quit my job. I'm doing one client's bookkeeping still, and will continue to do some taxes in the spring (if I already do yours, get ready to start collecting all the info you need!), but besides that, I'm all Cara and Eric's. It was great today. I was able to run her to the doctor and run errands without having to worry about going to work tomorrow. This is all thanks to Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover book, and us buckling down. We sold both of our cars and are driving used cars, PAID FOR used cars. We paid off all our debt except our mortgage. Our house is on the market right now and we're looking to move into Katy ISD and 'downsize'. We want a 1 story 4 bedroom, so we keep looking. Anyways, that's all the news in our home right now. Eric has 2 days left before his 2 week vacation, he's very much looking forward to that! Well, I guess that's all the updates for now, hope everyone is enjoying this Christmas season!
Love, Misty

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys are keeping pretty busy. I can't believe it's been six months! That's just crazy-talk!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin