Monday, July 31, 2006

Sleeping through the night

We had hoped, we had prayed, that it would come soon, and man were we excited when it did!! She had been sleeping about 5 hours at the most, up until this last Saturday night. We put her to bed around 10:45, and I woke up at 5. I went in and checked on her and she was fine, still asleep. Of course, I couldn't go back to sleep. So I got in the shower and read a little bit. She finally woke up at 6:15!!! I was so happy. We went to church, and kept her in her carrier, and she slept through it (the early 8:15 service). Then, mawmaw and pawpaw came down Sunday and mom brought Pug, their dog she was keeping. We had a nice visit; we took them to see Bailey and Matt's house down in Pearland, then we ordered pizza for dinner, and every one spent the night. I was hoping she'd be good again since the room they were going to sleep in is closest to the baby. Again, I nursed her and laid her down around 10:30. This time she woke up at 5:20 ish. I thought she was hungry, so I tried to feed her, but as soon as I started I could tell she was still half asleep. I fed her a little, changed her diaper, and laid her back down. I went and got her around 7am so mawmaw and pawpaw could hold her again before they left. She didn't really wake up until around 7:45!!! If this is how it's gonna be for awhile, I am so happy. I think she just went through a major growth spurt before the long sleep, because she was feeding like crazy Friday and Saturday, and didn't sleep very long Thursday and Friday nights. Hallelujia! :)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin