Friday, March 12, 2010

Milestones?

There is so much more going on to post, but I just can't right now.  I did want to put some things on the blog for posterity (is that the right word, I can't even think straight) sake. 

Yesterday at 3 we got free rodeo tickets to Brad Paisley!!  That's not the milestone, but it was a wonderful blessing for Eric and I to go out alone, for the first time in months!!  We usually go to him every year, but this year 'decided' (by not buying any tickets) to just stay home and 'cut back.'  Well, when a friend posted she wasn't using her free tickets last night, we jumped on them.  Thank you Brenda D!! 

So, I was 16 weeks pregnant yesterday.  I was starting to feel weird about my pregnancy, like it's not real yet.  I've had 2 ultrasounds (thanks hospital stay) and have heard the heart beat, but I've lost weight, I don't feel like I 'look' pregnant yet (I bet Sterling disagrees, haha!) and I haven't felt the baby move.  I felt Cara very late, thanks to surgery, at 22 weeks.  I felt Micah at 15 weeks 6 days, so I just figured I'd feel this one move earlier than Micah.  Not the case.  I wasn't worrying, just very much looking forward to it.  Well, jamming out to some amazing electric guitar last night at the concert, baby #3 decided to make it's presence known!!  I was so excited!!  And it wasn't just my body shaking from all the noise, it was definitely the baby, and he/she did it again later that night on our way home too!!

Oh, I want to go on record saying I have NO idea what we're having!!  We find out in 2 weeks.  With both kids, I KNEW.  Like at least a month before the ultrasound.  This one, not so sure.  I really wanted a girl, then I really thought it was a boy, and now I'm torn again.  Just not sure.  Heart rate has been 158 and 150 lately, so kinda in between (Cara was always 155-170 and micah was always 135-150)????

Cara is such a little mommy.  She is so fun to be around, most of the time.  She likes to boss everyone around, which she gets from her dad ;).  She is very loving and quick to say she's sorry and forgive.  With all that's been going on with Bailey and the twins, she is so grown up for her age.  And beyond sweet.  She loves her cousins, and can't wait to meet baby Jack!!  (sorry for the poor quality webcam shots, I haven't downloaded pics in awhile).

Micah is all boy, into everything, and climbing now!  I found him on the 3rd rung headed to the top bunk the other day.  I just don't know what to do.  I don't want him to fall, but I also want him to be completely comfortable climbing up without falling by the time we move him to the bottom bunk this summer.  So, I stood behind him and let him crawl on up.  You'd have thought I'd given the boy a million dollars.  He was SO happy to be up there playing with sister!!  I just have to keep him SITTING down!!  Now sister has lost her spot where she can go play with her tiny things without him getting into them.  He's also very into the bathroom business.  Whenever Cara, Eric or I are on the potty (we are down to one bathroom as we started demo on our master bath a month or more ago and it's still sitting there unfinished), he wants to be with us saying peepee or poopoo.  And now, when he has a BM, he comes to me and says poopoo.  This morning he told me, I looked, and didn't see anything.  I said let's play with our cars, so we started playing, but he was having none of it.  So I thought I'd just change his diaper anyway.  Sure enough, there was a BM!!  Good boy! :)

Eric is gearing up for UIL in April and getting busy.  He is extremely happy spring break is next week!!!  I have gotten back into sewing, mostly things for Bailey, and I forgot how much I enjoy it, when my sewing table is cleaned off! :)  I also chopped my hair off yesterday.  I really like it, this isn't a great shot, but Cara wouldn't leave the webcam alone.  I have 'bangs' (sideswept) for the first time in 17 years!  And that's all the things I don't want to forget!

Please continue to pray for Matt, Bailey, and little fighter Jack!  Tomorrow will be a hard day as we celebrate Ben's short life and his homecoming with Jesus.  Here is a link to his obituary if you are interested in reading it. 

Sorry, this just keeps getting longer.  Romans 5 has been some scripture I've clung to over the last few weeks.  I hope you find comfort in it as I have:

Romans 5

Peace with God Through Faith
1 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, 4and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, 5and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

6For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.



Bookmark and Share







Blog Widget by LinkWithin

1 comment:

The Lyons Family said...

Oh Misty, I hadn't heard about little Benjamin. I'm so sorry. Please share my deepest condolences with Bailey & Matt. I just can't imagine what they're going through. May God be their peace, and yours, as you say "See you soon" to Ben. I'll never understand *why* when it comes to children and babies, but I have to think there is nothing sweeter than knowing Jesus is loving on them for us until we get there. May the Lord's strength be with all of you until that Glorious Day when we are all reunited with those we love.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin