Friday, February 24, 2012

Words

God is so good.  I don't know why I'm constantly amazed at His faithfulness.....maybe because sometimes I so badly lack it.  I was led to Romans 12 this morning and it was exactly what God wanted me to hear.  Someone posted verse 10 yesterday as something they are working on with their children, so I went there this morning seeking.  Verse 10 was so good, then 9, then I needed to read the whole chapter to get the context.  I was blown away.

I was torn down by words this week and it hurt.  Maybe worse because it was from a fellow Christ-follower.  My flesh wanted to defend myself and maybe do a little tearing as well.  The misty of 10 years ago wouldn't have hesitated (how sad for her).  The misty of 2 years ago probably would have only hesitated slightly :).  But the first thing I thought to do when I read those words was pray for that person.  And God met me there, first in my hurt, then my anger, then my sadness for the other person.  I sought wise counsel in my accountability partners, who do life with me daily and know me best second only to Eric, and they (separately) agreed that the words were false and I shouldn't respond, but instead continue praying for that person.  We know from Matthew 12:34 that "out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks."  I didn't want to sin in my hurt.

So I have been doing just that for almost 2 days.  It's funny how God works.  We keep our Christmas cards from friends and family on our table and pull a couple out each night at dinner and pray for them.  Funny how that card has been pulled out in this short period.  It's amazing at how sad I was that night, that I've been at ease and peaceful, and even more prayerful for that person.  It's hard to pray blessings for someone that has hurt you, but God calls us to do it.  With that our heart begins to change, and change it has.  Just in the time I've had to type this out, get the kids up and come back to it, God is reminding me of my words to my children as well.  The verse I memorized a few years ago rings true for them as well.  Ephesians 4:29:  Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear."  As I was telling Cara to get to work on her chores and Micah to hurry to get dressed, conviction.  That was not building them up, especially with my tone.  God, be near me!  Enough from me, let God's word soak over you today.  Romans Chapter 12.


Dedicated Service

1 Therefore urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holysacrificeacceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mindso that you may prove what the willof God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect3 For through the grace given to me Isay to everyone among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think ; but to thinkso as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith4 For just as wehave many members in one body and all the members do not have the same function5 so we,who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another6 Since we havegifts that differ according to the grace given to us, each of us is to exercise them accordingly: ifprophecyaccording to the proportion of his faith ; 7 if service, in his serving ; or he who teaches, in his teaching ; 8 or he who exhorts, in his exhortation ; he who gives, with liberality ; he wholeads, with diligence ; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness9 Let love be without hypocrisy.Abhor what is evil ; cling to what is good10 Be devoted to one another in brotherly love ; give preference to one another in honor ; 11 not lagging behind in diligencefervent in spiritservingthe Lord ; 12 rejoicing in hopepersevering in tribulationdevoted to prayer13 contributing to the needs of the saintspracticing hospitality14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep16 Be of the same mindtoward one another ; do not be haughty in mind, but associate with the lowlyDo not be wise in your own estimation17 Never pay back evil for evil to anyoneRespect what is right in the sight ofall men18 If possibleso far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men19 Never take yourown revengebeloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay," says the Lord20 "But if your enemy is hungry, feed him, and if he is thirsty, give him a drink; for in doing so you will heap burning coals on his head." 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.


Bookmark and Share

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin