Sunday, September 25, 2005

We're back!

Sorry I didn't really keep this updated throughout the hurricane. First of all, Thank you God for missing most of the houston area. Our prayers will be with those east of us who are going to have to rebuild their homes and their lives. We ended up driving up to Georgetown around 5:45 Wednesday night (they closed Eric's school and ConocoPhillips offices for Thurs/Friday) and got there around 10 pm. We went back roads mostly and so we missed most of the traffic.

Thursday we went around getting new tires on my car. Jesus blessed us again by not letting my front tires blow out on the drive up! They were totally worn out, I'm glad I had them checked. Eric also got his oil changed. Friday we spent the day with my grandparents, rented movies and mostly hung around at home. They really enjoy the company now that Michael is gone. They are still taking it pretty bad I think, as we all are. Friday we went to bed praying Rita would keep going East.

Saturday we woke up to my mom saying "i think we're going home today," so we packed, ate a yummy breakfast pawpaw made, and were on our way by 10. We got home around 2:20. We also took the back roads coming home. Now, we don't have work Monday or Tuesday. We spent all yesterday afternoon cleaning and putting the house back in order (bringing everything downstairs we too up before the storm) and so now we have a clean, safe house. We went to an impromptu church service this morning and it was great. Now we came home, ate lunch, and have been flipping between NASCAR and NFL all day. It doesn't seem fair that we have missed the big storm twice, but as my pastor said today, God blesses us so that we will be blessings to others.

Jen/Dave--we got your voicemail yesterday, neither of our phones worked well at all this week with the storm. It was the first time Eric could check his voicemail since Tuesday. We thought about how close we were to you, sorry we didn't make it down!

Everyone else--please disregard any crude comment spam I get. I'm not a programmer, and i don't know how to make it stop, I usually turn the comments off. Sorry!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin