Thursday, October 18, 2007

Pumpkin time and other stuff!

It's that fun time of year again....off to the pumpkin patch. We had a friend's friend meet us out there this year and take some great pictures of Cara (& me). You can view them on this website: http://www.timestwocreations.com/html/newsome_.html They are precious. Of course she doesn't actually look at the camera, and she didn't smile, but that's ok. She's been sick, yes AGAIN! Runny nose started last Tuesday when we went up to Georgetown to visit my grandparents for a couple of days. The cough started on Thursday evening. I figured it was drainage and gave her my best dose of benadryl and delsym over the weekend. It got worse (the cough) so we took her in on Monday to the doctor. She said she had a major infection in her nose, so we were prescribed amoxycillan again. That evening (about 8 hours after her first dose), the rash started again. (see my flickr site for pics). It dawned on me, this isn't Roseola like last time because she hasn't run a fever, then it clicked, she's allergic!! Called the doctor, she said don't give it to her that night, to give her benadryl and stop by in the morning. We stopped by at 8:15, and she said she was marking her down as allergic (it had mostly gone away, but I took pictures the night before). She said it may be amoxycillan rash, but we'd stay away, so now she's on a new med and it seems to be working ok (but don't get me started on the 3 trips to walgreens to get it!!).

Anyways, that's the long version of what's been going on lately. Oh I forgot. Our ABF (adult bible fellowship) at Kingsland got together 2 friday nights ago and had a murder mystery party. It was hilarious (because most of us dressed themed). There are some pictures on my flickr site. Now I'm done!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin