Wednesday, May 25, 2011

9 months old and 31 months

Our sweet little miss was 9 months old today.  How sad!  She is getting to be such a big girl and I am grasping at tidbits of baby that are left.  She is scooting and trying so hard to crawl.  She crawls really well backwards :).  Today I found her for the first time in her crib sitting up after she woke up.  She has her bottom 2 teeth coming through and I think she's teething her top one because she has been fussy the past few nights.  She is such a laid back and easy baby, usually.  She's taking 2 naps a day (when we are home to nap in the morning), and nursing 4-5 times a day.  She's eating baby food and solids like a champ.  We are going more and more to table food as the days go on. She has the cutest little crinkly nose grin, but the most unattractive squeal when she's stuck somewhere and can't get out!  Like the high chair.  If there is no food to entertain her, she's highly offended she has to stay there!  She is full-on gonna be red headed like Micah.  So the next few years will be full of some drama.  But we will be prayed up and receive it with joy!


Speaking of Micah man, he is two-and-a-half and it shows.  He can be the most tyrannical boy one minute and then the sweetest thing the next.   He is mommy's little man and my cuddle bug.  He's just so lean and skinny, I can curl him up and he's next to nothing in my lap or on my hip.  But when you're doing or saying something he doesn't like, he gets big and will let you know.  He is such a typical boy and likes anything to do with balls or throwing or running or being outside.  And he has a pretty good big sister to him, she loves all things creepy crawly and will be outside for hours with him looking at worms and bugs.  From our first swim of the season on Easter, he seems to be a fish and loves to be in the water, be thrown in the water, try to let go in the water!  We will keep a keen eye on him this summer.  We found out through an unfortunate standing-in-an-anthill-moment that he is very allergic to fire ants and is now getting weekly shots for the next 3-5 years to build up his resistance.  We have an epi-pen if it comes to that, but he did get bit earlier this week for the first time since his bad attack and it wasn't needed.  Thank you Jesus, because I didn't even know he had gotten bit until bath time when I saw them.  His poor little right foot still has the pot-marks and scars from the awful attack.  I hope they go away as he gets older.

He loves ALL things music.  He loves when Eric plays his guitar or trombone, he likes playing around on the harmonica and ukulele and loves singing and dancing.  He's patient with Sissy (Cara) and plays Mommy & Daddy with her, and he loves doing puzzles.  He's growing up much too fast and the days are fleeting.  I was just talking with some fellow moms of boys the other day and though I feel the responsibility of raising my girls into God-fearing Christian women, I feel this new responsibility with my boy.  He will be the spiritual leader, and the head of his household some day.  He will be my future-daughter-in-laws protector and provider and father to my grandchildren.  It seems daunting, but we are parenting him like we began, with the love and grace provided us through Jesus.  And lots of prayer!


My computer is going too slow uploading my pictures to flickr, so I'll leave you just with these couple of my beauties!
Cara and her first worm
Playing Mommy and Daddy, it's nap time with Gweny.
My 3 one morning :)
Daddy and his babies


I'll post soon about my almost-5-year-old and our family news!!




Bookmark and Share

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin