Thursday, August 23, 2012

How was Uganda, Part 3.....


Part 3….

We spent the next day at the Kirabo Seeds home with the kids and it was such a blessing to be with the kids all day after Sunday.  
I felt renewed, teaching them about the full armor of God, and God being rich in mercy and great love and grace!  Their memory verse we were teaching them was Ephesians 2:4-5 "But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, 5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved."  
(Carly, Ashley and Jordan with some of the kids)
We started the day just having them read to us; they are all learning English at school and they enjoyed practicing to us.  That day Daniel and Angela both just kept tugging on a piece of my heart.  I loved getting to know more of the kids and their personalities.
(Daniel reading me the Jesus story book bible, the same one my kids and I read).
We got to watch them play soccer, and they even taught us "cards."  THE card game they know how to play.  All of us mzungu played a lot of cards over there, so it was fun to learn a game they knew.  We called it Musa, he's the oldest boy who lives in the home, 12, and he always wanted to play with us.  

But that day I really saw what I wrote in my journal, “the plea of the devil to distract us from our true work there.  Loving as God loved us.”  I was fearful; I was convicted of parts of my attitude, for ways to better serve Him, all because of His sacrifice for me.  
(most of our team with the kids)
The next day I awoke with a craving that was so deep it was almost physical, for God’s word.  The distractions in Uganda were so few, and I pleaded with God that day to keep that craving inside of me when I returned home.  I love Eric and the kids, but I can do nothing for them if I’m not filled with God first and foremost. 
Here are some pictures of the traffic and busy people around Kampala:

On Tuesday we went to serve at Loving Hearts Babies Home (the orphanage where Kira—Tonya’s daughter—was before she came home to her family) and it was SUCH a blessing.  Leading up to that day I only could think of how I’d feel there (sad that we’re still waiting, anxious about how they children are cared for—though Tonya had told me it was very well!, burdened for my future son, etc), but once I was there and began praying for each of those precious blessings, all of a sudden all I saw was pure beauty.  

Tonya gave me a brief tour when we first got there.  There are no pictures allowed when inside the orphanage to protect the children there waiting on families.  BUT, I begged her to snap this picture.  It was painted on the wall in the home.  It may look familiar, it is the same verse we have on our shirts.  (We still have some left, you can see them here).

The joy and happiness that I experienced because these babies already had a family praying for them just overwhelmed me.  I felt honored and God continued to reveal to me that I can trust His plans.  I don’t want to be still waiting.  I don’t want to be in this place of anticipation every time I get an email from our agency, but I know, and now I TRUST, that this is His plan.  That Eph 3:20 is true: “Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us”.  I can’t even begin to imagine what He has planned for me; all I can do is follow Him.  And I wouldn't want to be living life any other way.  


Bookmark and Share

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin