Sunday, May 12, 2013

Looking back

Mother's day always has me reminiscing on the baby-hood of my (not-so-) babies.  I have a 2, 4 and almost 7 year old today.  Yet, I still remember them as the day we came home from the hospital.  I couldn't sleep after Anna woke up needing to go potty at 6 this morning.  She had no problem going back to sleep, but I couldn't, so I got up and finished a book I was reading.  Then, I got on the computer to send an email and saw this gem on our desktop.  This was approximately half of Cara's lifetime ago (I'm not dramatic at all!), when she was 3.5 and in Ms. Kathy's ballet/tap class.  Look at those precious rolls and cute little chunky curls on her head.  I cannot believe she's reading chapter books and about to finish the 1st grade now.


Or of this little man finally learning how to walk at almost 14 months!  Now he is a strong willed 4.5 year old gymnastics star!  With enough grit and personality to keep this momma guessing.


And our poor 3rd born, we are horrible at videos, but I did find a few of these when she was just 2 months old.  Now she's a feisty 2.5 year old, asking to be a 'ballerina like sissy' dancing around the room.  



I am blessed beyond measure at God choosing me to be these precious one's mom.  And we have one we are daily praying for, but have yet to meet.  God, guide my spirit today, thank you for blessing me, and I hope I am a blessing to my mom and mother-in-law as much as my children are to me!!


Bookmark and Share

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin