Sunday, August 24, 2008

Choose Life!!

Ok, for those of my blog stalkers, I am fine. :) Cara went to the doctor, she has bronchitis for the 2nd time this month (but seems to be already over it). I felt better by Wednesday night, but still didn't feel 'right', so I went to the doctor on Friday morning. They did the NST test and everything was fine. I did have a bacterial infection, amongst other things, and so I'm on a couple of medicines, but I'm starting to feel like myself again. I am choosing to be happy and postive, because I've hit that point in my pregnancy where I'm mostly just uncomfortable and tired. Some nights are good (last night) and some nights I'm still waking up to pee every 2 hours. I know God only gives me what I can handle, so I'm going with it.

In other news, I've just finished my second Karen Kingsbury book. A friend of mine had mentioned that she liked her writing--she's a Christian fiction author. I read One Tuesday Morning a few weeks ago, because my mom had it sitting on her table. Oh, talk about a tear jerker! I think I posted on it earlier, but it is an amazing book. I'd recommend to all! I just finished the sequel, Beyond Tuesday Morning. Lordy Lordy!! It's amazing what/when/how God chooses to speak to you. I was mostly reading it for the story, and it's a little easy to tell what's going to happen (although you want it ALL to happen, so that's fun), but God really impressed upon me to choose life! It's one of the main themes in the last half of the book, an epiphany of the main character, but it hit me too. How many times do I get bogged down trying to be a 'good' mom, wife, housekeeper, accountant, friend, Christian, daughter, family member, that I forget to LIVE!! Today, I came home from church and looked at how disgustingly dirty my house was after being sick all week (and when feeling ok, being at Eric's school serving him and helping him get ready for tomorrow), and went crazy. I moved all the furniture, vacuumed the living room, put away CLEAN dishes from the dishwasher (probably sitting in there for 4-5 days), reloaded it, washed clothes, folded clothes. Finally I just wanted to stop and read the end of this book. I realized by doing all of this, I neglected Cara (I mean, not literally, she was fed, went pee pee on the potty, went down for her nap), but I wasn't the loving Mommy I enjoy being. I wasn't patient, kind, gentle....do you get where I'm going? I just went through the motions, I didn't choose to live life as I know God wants me to. This verse was in the book I just finished:
Deuteronomy 30:19-20 (and the ones leading up to it)
"This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob."
I love it, and I hope to live it. I pray it over anyone who reads this blog, that it may encourage you to slow down and live life as God chose for you. Put away all the pressures, and focus on Him. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Aims said...

Oh my goodness, this is SO something I struggle with!! I love the reminders (like this entry)to keep our priorities in check!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin