Monday, August 31, 2009

Stil here

I realize I do not blog often enough anymore! I'm sorry. I still do want to post about my groceries for $1.03. It was awesome, but currently I'm in planning mode. I'm a planner, and so it felt a little stressful not having planned out a long term plan for WAM (worship and arts ministry). I'm leading the 3 year olds at our church. Plus, I've never done it before so it was a little overwhelming. After the first week, some trial and error, and some great input from people who have done it before, I have a PLAN! I have this coming weeks all planned out, and part of next weeks. I'm working on a plan through 12/2, which is our parents program, and once I have that done, it'll be smooth sailing!

We are also teaching Cara's 3 year old class in the 9:30 hour at church. The first week was rough because Friday night I came down with a fever, stomach bug, chills, the whole 9 yards, it was awful. Needless to say, I couldn't go! So Eric recruited his mom to help, and he went and did the lesson (like he always does). He said it went fine, but he needed me there to be organized for him :). So this past week we taught on Nehemiah, and everything went so smoothly. I love watching him teach the little ones, they listen to him so well, and he's so good at it! I feel like we are just so blessed to be teaching. Cara gets to see us lead her and her friends and learn about many different bible lessons. And now that we are teaching, we know what to talk about all week to remind her of the story. So far we've taught on Queen Esther, and Nehemiah, and this coming week we start the new 'years' curriculum and go back to creation. I love going over that with her, she is so smart and we talk a lot about what all God has made. It's a great way to talk about things outside!! :) We also instituted our family Sundays this past week. We spend the day as a family, going to church, eating lunch, taking naps (my fave part....haha) and doing our family devo (or faith talk). This week we talked about God always being in control (Jesus on the boat, calming the storm), because recently Cara has decided she's afraid of everything. Like the inanimate pictures/cross stitches that have been hanging on her walls since birth. We pray with her and remind her of her memory verse that talks about fear ("Do not fear, I will help you" Isaiah 41:13) and that usually works, but we hate to see a spirit of fear in her at such a young age.

Anyways, we are having a crazy busy week this week through Wednesday, but after that it should slow down. I will post more pictures soon!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin