Monday, January 02, 2012

Of books and Goals

I love fresh starts.  I'm not big on resolutions, but I love setting goals, and I have a renewed love of reading now that I have fun new toys to help me be able to pick up where I left off more easily.  Another blogger I enjoy has set her goals of reading 24 books this year.  I want to set a goal.  So here's my list.  I'm going to be doing some of these on my own, and some in a newly forming book club of friends.  I hope to read (much, much) more, I was going to put more on the list, but since one is over 3,000 pages, I thought 12 was good.  Plus, I'm taking a very reading intensive class this spring.  If you have some great fiction book ideas, send them my way.  I've been out of that loop for a few years, but love them because they're fast and easy!

Ok, so here goes:

The Bible (I started out following the 90 day reading plan, but have slacked some)
What Women Fear by Angie Smith (my sister lent me this on the Nook and I'm about 1/3 of the way through)
Bloodlines
The Hole in the Gospel (about 1/3 of the way through this one too) :)
Kisses for Katie
Celebration of Discipline
The Hour that Matters Most
A Positive Life
Totally Together
Adopted for Life
7
Radical (because I've been putting it off now for far too long)





Bookmark and Share

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments:

The Paradis Family said...

ANY Karen Kingsbury book & The Yada Yada Prayer Group series by Neta Jackson....all christian fiction!

Stephanie said...

Great book choices! Adopted for life is one of my favorites, reading kisses from Katie now ( you'll cry throughout the whole book),and I've also been putting off radical! Gonna start it next I believe!

Www.Reachingbeyondourborders.Blogspot.Com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin