Monday, January 04, 2010

The One Year Devotions for Toddlers, 2


Title: The One Year Devotions for Preschoolers 2
by Carla Barnhill; illustrated by Elena Kucharik
Age range: 3-6 years old
Publisher: Tyndale
Price: $14.99 (hardcover)







I got this book a few weeks before Christmas and I was very excited!  I had been wanting to implement a quick morning devotion with the kids over breakfast at our table, and this book fit perfectly into our plans.  If you start in January, it takes you from Genesis through Revelation, on a very basic level.  Each day has a verse or two we read, then a short devotion.  It is the perfect length for my 3/4 year olds!!  It even has a 2 line poem at the bottom of each page to help the kids remember the lesson of that day.  I started December 14th with the girls, and though we didn't do it every day, the days I did it, were better!  I could remind them throughout the day about what we talked about, and they remembered.  Cara enjoys it so much, if we are busy or forget in the mornings, she will ask for it at night instead of her bible stories, though we usually do both!  And I noticed as well that on days I didn't get a good bible study in, at least I had a verse to meditate on throughout the day.  Here's an example from 12/18:

A New Family
Beloved, now we are children of God. 1 John 3:2

Something amazing happens when you love God and trust Him.  You become one of God's children.  you also become part of a great big family of people all over the world.  And members of God's family love each other no matter what.  They stand up for each other, encourage each other, and help each other.  How can you help another one of God's children today?

The world is filled with my sisters and brothers.  Since we're all God's children, we should help each other.

That's it!  But isn't it easy?  It's just one of many tools that can help make us intentional in teaching our children God's word.  I would definitely recommend this book.  Even Micah listens while he sits in his high chair.  Now, that may be because he's shoving as much food as possible into his mouth, but God's word does not return void! 

"This is a Mama Buzz review. The product was provided by: Tyndale for kids publishers for this review.


Bookmark and Share








Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin