Friday, December 24, 2010

Grandma Betty

For those of you that don't know, Grandma Betty is my biological dad's mom.  She's been so sweet to us over the years, and we love her so.  She lives in Sinton, near Corpus, so Eric and the kids and I usually saw her once a year or so when we used to go down there for his band trips.  I felt bad because we hadn't been since April 2009 when Micah was 6 months old. 

She's been getting more and more sick. A slight heart problem, diabetes, some organ functions are decreasing.  She went into a coma before Thanksgiving, and though they didn't expect her to make it out, she did!  Bailey and I talked and we wanted to see her one last time before anything bad happened.  The doctors only gave her 2 months :(, so a couple weeks ago, she, Anna (after checking with our pedi) and I hopped in the car for a day trip to Corpus.  It was so good to get some alone time with Bailey!  I don't say quiet time because Anna was with us :), but she was pretty good for 6 + hours in the car all day!  We got to talk, catch up, pray, eat, vent, love.  I love my sister!  She has turned into an amazing woman, wife and mommy!  I don't tell her enough how proud I am of her and how she has handled all the challenges of this past year.  Jack is a blessed baby and Baby Ben up in heaven is smiling down on you each day of your life B! 

Anyways, we got down to Corpus and didn't quite know what to expect.  My aunt had told me she didn't speak much when they were there, only 6 words in an hour, so I wasn't sure how it would go.  The nurse said to go on in and talk to her that she'd love it.  It was so nice because as she saw us her eyes lit up!  I could tell she wasn't expecting us.  She was a bit confused at times, but we had a great chat, and she LOVED seeing Anna!  Grandma Betty looks a lot different, she's lost 50 + pounds in 2 months.  She seemed so fragile lying in bed, but I was so happy we made the trip.  She talked to us and the baby.  Every time Anna would fuss or make noises, Betty would comment on how happy and cute she was.  I'm not positive she knew it was Anna (vs. Micah), but I'm glad they got to meet.  Here's a picture of Anna and her great-grandma.  She may not be 100% but she has pretty red nails :).  We all love you Grandma Betty!



Bookmark and Share

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin