Monday, May 18, 2009

Cloth Diaper Anniversary!

Ok, as many of you know, I have a thing with dates. I can remember just about anything. Like today is George Strait's 57th birthday :). Ok, it's actually my father-in-laws too, so that's easy to remember. And like 1 year ago this month (ok, see, I forgot the actual date, I actually think it was earlier in the month, and Sarah Wilson went with me....one of my few friends that didn't convert!) I went to cloth diapering full time!! Call me crazy but I LOVE it :). And just think, if Jen B hadn't talked me through it, Sterling, Mindy, Valerie, Amanda, Meredith, Amber B (on and off), Crissy (trying to get husband on board) :) and others wouldn't be on this CD ride :). Thanks girl! Oh, and yes I'm totally taking all the credit although I know their other friends talked them into it too!! ha.

Oh, here's a picture from a month or 4 ago ;) of my CD's line drying!


4 comments:

Crissy and Kevin said...

He's on board! as soon as we got our refund check I order bum genius 3.0 and have been cloth diapering for about a month now! Drew is still in paper, but i think he is almost done with those.. hey what do you use for diaper rash with CD?

Jennifer Barnes said...

Woo-hoo! Congrats on one year!

Crissy, we'd use boudreaux with a fleece liner that I'd wash separately with Dawn (cuts the grease in the diaper cream) - the liner went against their little bums and protected whatever cloth we had them in. Otherwise, boudreaux will stain.

Unknown said...

So...tell me why I should consider cloth diapering... :)

Jennifer Barnes said...

Jamie, I've heard several arguments. After having been cloth diapering almost 4 years, the reason I cloth diaper my kids is still the same as why I started. I was convinced when I read this: "Whenever people ask me why I cloth diaper, I like to say it's for the same reason I don't use paper plates, styrofoam cups, and plastic utensils at home. While it may be easier to throw the dirties away rather than washing and reusing them, they are expensive and wasteful. Besides, it's just nicer to use the real thing." on this website: http://diaperpages.com/
She also states "Using cloth diapers doesn't have be an all-or-nothing deal. Even if you only used one cloth diaper a day, you'd be throwing over a 1000 fewer disposable diapers into the landfills (assuming a three-year diapering period)." which I wholeheartedly agree with.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin