Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 10 of a Thankful month

Today I'm thankful for emergency funds!!  Yesterday, Eric and Anna were headed somewhere while the bigs and I were at church.  I saw 3 missed calls from E and knew something was wrong.

While he was driving, he heard a pop (like a belt coming off) and it started overheating.  His coolant and battery light went on and his power steering went out!!

He was able to get it to a parking lot we could leave the car in overnight.  I went and picked him up and left the car where it was.  So thankful everyone was safe!  Thankful for friends who we could call and ask who to send our car to (our normal guy was out of town).  They also mentioned most insurance plans have free towing and I was able to call this morning and take advantage of that!!  We have already got our car back, and it was right at what they estimated.  As much as I always plan and save and want more than we have in our emergency fund, God has always been faithful and every unplanned expense is always there, accounted for, and for that I am thankful!



Bookmark and Share

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin