Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 12 of a Thankful Month

Today I am thankful for a hubby who still wants to date me, even if I planned the date :).  I kept him in the dark until Thursday night, but I got a living social deal at a hotel in the galleria that included free valet, breakfast and a late checkout.  I worked it out for my mom to watch the kids and my neighbor friends to let the dogs out.  We had a lovely adult only dinner, had the worst, most uncomfortable bed in the history of hotel beds (but that's ok, we lived), slept semi-late, had breakfast, worked out, showered, did a little window shopping, secured outfits for all for our upcoming family photos, and got to talk.  It was wonderful, typically if/when we occasionally have a dinner alone for a quick date night, it's quick, and we catch up on the week and the kids, etc.  This time we had 24 hours and we didn't talk (ok, maybe a TINY bit) about the kids, but really got to date, enjoy each other and have a blast!!  We cracked up the whole weekend, Eric seriously makes this woman laugh!!  It was wonderful.  Thankful for my mom who watched the kids solo too!



Bookmark and Share

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin