Monday, June 14, 2010

Anna Marie Newsome

It's official!!  Eric finally agreed to the name. I knew he would, it's beautiful right!! :)  We were watching a movie one night and she was doing somersaults.  He was having fun feeling them all, she was going crazy!  I said, so does it make it more real now??  Can we talk about her name?  He said, "what, I thought I already said Anna was fine."  Ok, how about Marie?  Yeah, that's good too.   Ok people, there you have it! 

So, it's official now, and I really REALLY wish I had a monogramming machine at my house ;).  I have always loved the fruits of the spirits/spiritual gifts for girls names (you know, Joy, Hope Faith, Grace, etc) and without even knowing it originally our girls will have both of those names (Cara means Joy and Anna means Grace/Gracious) meanings.  It's not Lorelai Grace (what I said last year I'd like to name my girl), but it's close enough.  Plus, when my Mawmaw died last July, I just knew I wanted to name my next girl after her.  She was such a blessing to my life and our entire family, what a sweet, caring, LOVING role model I got to look up to for 29 years!  Her name was Barbara Ann, so we just took Ann and made it Anna.  My mom and sister's middle name is Marie.  It's funny how things grow on you, because as popular as it was growing up, I never really liked the name Marie.  But, it goes well with Anna, and I like naming babies after family.  And, Anna's initials will be the same as her Aunt Amanda's (Eric's sis!). 

Other name thoughts I had, because apparently I was the only one who thought about it :) were Julia Ann, Julia AnnMarie (combined), of course Lorelai (always knowing Eric would never agree to that), Anna Grace, Annalee Marie (lee added for Eric's dad Michael Lee) Leah, yeah that's about it.  I love J names and basically with Cara and Micah, wanted another 'ah' ending to the first name.  I think I had more firsts, but Julia and Anna were all I really said aloud to friends, thus the only ones I remember!  I really like single syllable middle names too (Leigh, James, etc), but Anna Marie flows really nice I think! 

I'm already down to every 2 week visits!!  I went last Monday at 28 weeks 4 days and all was well.  I gained 3 pounds in 2 weeks (my biggest weight gain thus far!!) so now I've gained 2 pounds overall (though I still don't know how that's possible, I look gigantor--if you don't believe me, look at this picture Cara took while at her recital on Saturday!)  :


I was measuring 31 cm, so still a little ahead, but not 4 weeks like last time!  The doctor asked me my prediction as to when the baby would come, because he says moms are better judges of things like that.  I hate to throw my prediction out there, because well, it's my third child and both the first two were slightly early (meaning before their due date by about a week), like my friend Jen's 2 first ones.  Then her 3rd was 2 WEEKS LATE

But, I'll do it anyways, so here goes!  I was RIGHT ON with Micah, like in labor the whole day I thought I was due (though my doctor thought I was due 9 days later) and had him 3.5 hours later (very early the next morning).  This one is just different.  I didn't really 'feel' pregnant for a long time.  I felt tired/a little nauseus, but once that passed, it was all things go with all the crazy things happening to our family (twins born, celebrating Ben and Mike's life, spring break, end of school stuff, watching an extra kid each day, preparing for VBS, etc).  I popped, but my stomach didn't really slow me down much until recently.  And then recently I feel like she's huge, I'm huge, we're all huge and this baby couldn't possibly make it to August 26th (which by the way is my mom's birthday!).   My prediction is mid-August.  Like 12th-18th, somewhere in there.  And you know why?  Because we have plans all the way until the 8th, and then Eric's summer band starts on the 10th and I have absolutely no plans after that. 

I pray that no matter what happens, God brings a healthy, beautiful baby girl in His timing to our family, and that I am patient in the waiting game.  I also pray I can handle the last few weeks with Eric being crazy busy back at school!  Though this one wasn't planned per se (we didn't really want a first week of school baby--in general we were trying for a 3rd), the timing has worked out well.  Now that Eric is mostly done with school for the summer (he still will be going up there a lot finishing up things, getting things ready for next school year, etc. but the kids love playing in the empty band hall!), it's nice to have him home a lot, carrying Micah, helping with meals, and just overall letting me get a little more rest than I usually do when he's at work!  He is such a great husband, and he had a great Birthday yesterday!  Happy 31st baby!
Well, to end this post, how about an (OLD) ultrasound of Anna!  We have a few, but it's so much more work (ha!) to scan something than to just pop the card into the computer, so we only have one scanned so far.  This is the last one we had done, on 3/26 when we found out she's a girl!  Not the best, but a profile shot for you all to enjoy, thanks!

More posts to come this week if I get them done: Micah in his big boy bed and Cara's dance recital (oh is there a story to tell), all that with VBS this week and finishing up plans for Cara's party on Saturday!!  I need rest!

Oh, and if you don't hear much from Eric in the next 10 weeks, it's because he will be finishing this:
(our master bath re-do)
which we started end of JANUARY!!!
Bookmark and Share

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

4 comments:

Christi Brown said...

Love it! I am sure that this name will fit her to a T!

Colleen said...

Hey MB! I like the name Anna Marie, it's pretty and goes together very nicely.

Also, I don't think you look really big...you have a big belly, but you don't look wide. The angle that picture was taken is the WORST angle for anyone, and the fact that you don't look wide is v good for you! :)

And I really like that dress...the cut, color, everything is really pretty.

Jennifer Barnes said...

LOVE the name. It's so graceful.

James was 5 days late, Lowell was 3 days early and Korben was the 15 days late one. But you know, he was right on time. David wouldn't have taken time off after the birth, he never did for either of the other two. But God knew I would need that recovery time and Korben was born on the eve of David getting 2 solid weeks off for the holidays. Only God could have orchestrated that. It was perfect timing and I would do it all over again if I had to.

She will be here in God's perfect timing. :-) I am so glad your pregnancy is going so smoothly and that everything is falling into place. The name is gorgeous and she will have the best big sister and brother, not to mention parents. I am so excited for you! (Want me to come down for pictures?)

Tiffany said...

That is actually a really cute picture that she took!! And I love the fruit of the spirit names. I suggested Faith and Grace both *just in case we get a girl this time* but Austin said no to both. I think at this point our list consists of 0 boy names and 0 girl names!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin