Thursday, August 19, 2010

39 weeks and counting!

So, I've never been 'this pregnant' before.  Fun.  I was looking back last weekend on old blog posts from pre-Cara and pre-Micah and found out I've actually been more dilated earlier on in my pregnancies with both of them.  I'm used to all my friends saying they walk around a 5 forever....Um, at this point, I'd be ok with that.  My last doctor's appointment that I actually scheduled is tomorrow (39w1d).  I just assumed I'd have the baby by now.  I'm not into rushing things, and I'm feeling really fine for being this pregnant, but for some reason, in my head I had this window of Aug 12-18 that I thought she'd come.  Plus, I wanted to make it a little easier on my man and have her during inservice vs. the first or second week of school.  I think it made it harder because I had no plans this week (usually we do bible study on Thursday or other things M-W) and I had planned on not going to anything (except Cara's first day of dance this Tuesday).  But instead, I decided my kids are tired of being in the house all day, and I'm tired of them being in the house all day, so we ventured to playgroup yesterday.  It was fun and relaxing, and I got to be submerged in water the majority of the time.  It's currently the only way I spend any amount of time outside unless walking to and from the car!  Monday I got out and ran about 12 errands with both kids that I had been putting off, and that was nice, felt like I accomplished something. 

I'm trying to get in the swing of things, because once Cara starts preschool (9/8), we'll have to be out of the house by at least 9 every week day :(.  I'm 'very' not looking forward to that!  School MWF at our church 9-2:30, dance class Tuesdays 9:30-10:30 and bible study 9:15-11:15 on Thursdays.  School is easy, drop her off in carpool and pick her up, Micah and Anna won't even have to get out of the car, but dance class on Tuesdays is going to hurt.  I'm going to have to corral Micah for an hour, away from all the pointy trophies they have just sitting around the floor and on shelves everywhere.  I did it last year, but he was immobile at first, then I could somewhat keep him occupied by snacks and the other little brothers there (we each brought cars, etc to play with for them).  But this time, I feel my hands will be a litlte more full, and I'm assuming Anna will present her need to eat just as Micah is running away from me! 

And that's the hardest part right now, just wanting to meet her already!!  I have no picture in my mind of what she will look like.  (except that she'll be 9 pounds!).  I can't imagine it, except for what C and M looked like (as unalike as they look now, they're baby pictures are very similar).  I want to see what color hair she'll have and her eyes and smell her toes and kiss her cheeks.  I have numerous times given it all to God and accepted His timing, which is probably why I'm not pulling my hair out, but I am just so excited.  Ok, off to see if I can get back to bed.  This was the first time I was up middle of the night in at least a week! :)

Bookmark and Share

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin