Friday, April 17, 2009

401

This is my 401st post! Wow, that's a lot of random STUFF!

Ok, I'm totally supposed to be cleaning my house for girl's night tonight, but as you can tell, I'm not. I would rather be in bed as I have just been EXHAUSTED the past few days, but alas, the sheets are in the dryer and the bed is not made!! So, if you are coming to girls night tonight, don't judge me.

Back to the exhausted part....I actually thought I might be pregnant. I've been thinking it for a week or 2, and couldn't get it out of my brain. This next part of the sentence may be a little TMI, but I have only had 11 periods since September 2005!! Got pregnant, nursed for a year, tried for 10 months, got pregnant again, still nursing = only 11 periods in 3.5 years. I'm not complaining, it just makes it hard to tell these things. To relieve the tension....no I'm not! I actually (used a walgreens gift card) and bought a couple tests last night, and took one around 5:15 this morning. I think Micah woke up, but he got quiet again real quick, I went ahead and got up and took it, so I would just know. It was negative, and I was bummed. I know, I only have a (almost) 6 month old. I LOVE that baby and really want to enjoy his baby-hood, which is why we weren't going to start 'trying' until later this year. And we haven't been trying or tracking or anything, so I really had no reason to think I was, except the exhaustion. My face didn't even break out (which is always does when I'm pregnant), so I shouldn't have wasted the $10, but I just wanted to know. I feel like I'm rambling. Just know, I'm not pregnant, and I'm a little bummed about it. For reasons known yet unspoken, and unknown!!

We have been busy beavers in the Newsome home, which is why I haven't been online much. Last weekend Eric had Friday and Monday off, it was GLORIOUS! We worked in the yard (thanks to my almost free $500 Lowe's gift card) ALL day on Friday and Monday. Eric installed a chain link fence, which keeps the dogs in just one tiny part of the yard. This way, there will be less poop in the back yard so Cara can actually run around and play. We put in a garden with blueberries, squash, cucumbers, watermelon, spinach, beets, butternut squash, basil and carrots. I think that's it. Oh, and green onions. I totally cleaned out the front bed, tore out some old bushes, pulled weeds, and now I STILL need to plant some bushes out there. We put a flower garden in another little back yard bed. Eric built a new wood gate to our privay fence, which he (and I) are very proud of! We just overall got lots done to beautify the outside, and we just love it. I love sitting out in the back yard after (or during) dinner watching Cara play (when it's not raining). It is just so pretty now a days. We were driving today and I said, "It's so pretty outside" and Cara said, "It's just Gorgeous!" Gotta love Fancy Nancy teaching her all those big words! Although, it wasn't pretty in the sense it was sunshiny (it was cloudy and about to rain), but it was nice and COOL!

Micah is a moving machine. He isn't crawling yet, but scoots and pushes himself backwards all over the place. He is rolling still all around, and he talks NON stop. I only thought Cara talked a lot....oh I'm DOOMED! :)

Eric got sweepstakes at UIL this year...both bands! He was very excited as this is his first time ever teaching junior high, and the first year this school was opened! It means they got straight 1s (the highest you can get) on both stage and sight reading. Yea baby!

I'm finally through with tax returns, and can return now to having evenings to 'myself.' I was diong really well last week getting up in the mornings and getting my quiet time and shower in before the kids woke up. I really felt God pulling me towards Him and just felt things changing in my life. This week hasn't been as good (I haven't been as faithful), but I still feel the tug. I know He's right there waiting for me to return, and I can't wait to do it! There are so many bible studies I'd like to do, so I really want to focus on that a couple nights a week now.

I'm still saving and earning money like crazy (or trying to). I only spent $17 at the grocery store this week because of my stocking up. I got some fruits/veggies/milk, etc. Also, God has been so faithful to us even when we haven't been the best stewards. I guess He knows how hard we're trying! The last 3 clients that I finished taxes sent me their checks and OVER paid me, on purpose! It was amazing to get those checks in the mail, with their notes of encouragement. God truly does provide. Eric and the kids and I even went to Spring Creek BBQ last night as a sort of 'celebration.' Tax season is over, we had a little extra money (which my grandpa instructed us to use to treat ourselves), and we refinanced our house yesterday, for a much lower rate and shorter term....yea!!

Ok, this is a totally random 401st post....which most of mine are. I promise, once I get some energy back (hopefully I'll get to sleep in tomorrow...I need to make sure Eric reads this post tonight!) :), I'll be on here more and more. Oh, and I made some great little mini meat loaf muffins the other night for dinner, want to share my recipe. Although, I didn't measure anything, I just threw it in, but here is what it was:

1.25 pounds ground beef
1 egg
salt
pepper
cumin
couple tablespoons salsa
1 long grated carrot
1/2 or so grated onion
bread crumbs. I didn't have any, so I froze a couple pieces of bread, then put them in the food processor

I think that was it. Put them in a muffin pan and cook for 30 mins at 350. Yum-o!

5 comments:

Jennifer Barnes said...

I totally hear you on the crazy cycles! I've only had 2 since October 2004 and have had 2 more kids! I'm actually "late" if that's possible?? Maybe I'm not "regular" yet?? Anyhow, my point: Dollar Tree has pregnancy tests for $1 each, which would be a great savings over any $10 test, gift card or not. (And, pray for me, because I totally am wanting a #4 now even though I swore up and down that Korben was it and he's not even 4 months old yet.)

Beaver said...

Haha. Are you really surprised that Micah is a talker, too? What is that saying...something about the acorn not falling far from the tree? You ARE doomed. Haha.

Eli and I have been discussing names, and we keep coming back to a combination with the initials GAB. I told Eli we can't name her with that particular combination of letters--it would just be too mean (and too prophetic, I'm sure). Just like you, we are DOOMED, Doomed, doomed.

Misty said...

I know, I know, I've been buying dollar tree tests for years. And I have never gotten a positive one. Even when I was pregnant with Micah, after the blood test showed positive (I had a feeling I was, and after getting all the negatives finally went to the doctor). I didn't want to waste the last one, so I took it to see if it would finally say positive, and it STILL didn't, so I don't really trust them.

And Erin, I'm not surprised! It's just he looks so much like Eric....but he talks so much like me. Are you not sharing names? I understand, we didn't with Cara, but I'd love to know!! :)

The White Family said...

With all that yard work, it's no wonder you're so tired! I'm exhausted just reading the post!! Wanna come pull weeds in our yard. It's tiny so shouldn't take you long. Oh, and we'd love some tulips in the flower bed!

Jennifer Barnes said...

wow, well, oh well. My experience with them has been fabulous. They were + before any of the expensive ones with 2 pregnancies. Anyhow, they're cheap-o and I thought I'd just try to save you some $ if you didn't know about 'em. I think fresh air makes us tired as adults. It energizes the little ones and tires out the old ones. hehe!

Erin, there's nothing wrong with GAB as initials! :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin