Friday, July 03, 2009

Photo Savings!

If you know me personally, you know I LOVE photos. I take my kids photos 'professionally' every month their first year, then every 6 months. I tried to not do a 30 month photo of my daughter (to go to a yearly session), and the grandparents threw a fit! :) So, I've been asked, how do you afford it frugal Misty? Well, there are many answers. First of all, pictures are important to me, so it is a line item in our budget. However, for most months, it is only $5. How do you ask?? Enter: JCPenney!! They have coupons (EVERYWHERE) that have either $3.99 a sheet, or $7.99 for a package (2 8x10s, 2 5x7s, 4 3.5x5s and 8 wallets). On the 'off' months, I do that package. But wait, that still isn't $5!! They also have this great thing called surveys. Every time you visit their studio, you get to take a survey on their site. Once you do, you can print off a $3 off your next visit coupon, which you can ALSO use with the other coupons. So on Micah's 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, and 11 visits, we use this. It ends up being $7.99 - $3 + tax = $5.41! On 'big' portraits (3, 6, 9, 12 month and year birthday visits), I put $40 in the budget. This allows me 10 - 11 sheets if I use the $3.99/sheet coupon (plus it comes with a free 8x10)!! I did go over a little on Cara's 3 year visit, but it's because we also did family portraits. Still only spent $55 and we got over 60 photos!! Here's a sampling of some of our shots: Another way I save money is by signing up with the various Free photo ads! I am continually finding more, and just 2 months ago signed up with CVS Photo!



If you click on this ad, you can get 50 free prints for signing up (make sure you enter your CVS Card # to get the extra 25). I signed up in April, and used some of the prints to print a recent baby shower invite I did. I think they turned out great!!

I think a lot of my readers are photographers/scrapbookers/crafters, so I'm going to try to make it a weekly thing. Every Friday, post a new, free prints, photo place! I already have one in the works for next week.

And here is Micah's 7 month photo (taken in May, sorry I'm late!), Go Astros!! :)

1 comment:

Julie P. said...

kudos to some GREAT photos! I LOVE the darling shots of Cara! So creative! And the July 4th ones are too cute! From one photo lover to another-I heart you! ;-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin