Thursday, September 03, 2009

Kroger Run

So today I ventured out for the first time with all 3 kids (my two, and the one I'm watching this school year) to Kroger!  It was actually rather painless, especially for leaving close to Micah's morning nap time!  He was subdued and just hung around the front of the basket with me and my list and coupons.  I got one of those carts that has a car on the front, so the girls sat there and played.  One of the nice produce guys gave them coloring books from their fire department, so they looked at those the whole time.  Only a few times did I have to get onto them for hanging out of the basket! :) 
Anyways, here's everything we got....for $38.45 (including 2 girls patiently waiting for lunch in the background)!!!  I was so excited.  We have a budget of $100 per paycheck (twice a month), but I've wanted to get it down to around $40/week.  I have a huge enough stock pile of frozen meals, meats, and even some breakfasts, that I really only needed some essentials (milk and produce) and a few items for our menu plan for the next two weeks.  I was able to stock up on some yogurts (and hopefully will take part in the Dannonomics rebate), lots of fruits, salad, even some bacon (a RARE treat, it was BOGO free and I had a $1.50 off coupon!!).  I also hit the JACKPOT!!  Our Kroger had a huge cooled in that was manager's special, and everything was marked 99 cents! I was a little leary, because the expiration dates were a few months out (usually that's why they are on special, they expire asap), and I was wondering why they were so cheap.  I found a manager and produce guy and they assured me they had a 'reset' and the products were coming out with new packaging, so they had to get rid of them!  I got 6 packs of Horizon organic colby cheese sticks (which we never buy, because they are normally $3.99-$4.99 a piece) for $.99.  I also got some great dips as well, that are good through mid-november!  Girls night is next Friday, hopefully I can hold off till then :).  Which is why you see chips in my pile, which I never buy, you gotta have something to dip!  I also got talked into a small pack of M&Ms in the check out lane....anything to keep them quiet while I pay and watch my coupons scan!
And for everyone who wanted to see all that I got for $1.03 last week (when the Kroger mega deal was still going on), here is the picture:

3 boxes of cereal, some yogurt, 2 brownie mixes, 1 breakfast bars, 1 nut clusters, 1 pepsi, 1 water, 2 Wanchai Ferry dinners!!  I had 2 free coupons from winning this over at KatyCouponers:
And so, it ended up taking $7.99 off twice from my order.  Plus, the pepsi was $.75 and I had a $2.00 off coupon from way back in February (the frito lay rebate)!!  So the overages, plus the cellfire and shortcuts that came off made it awesome.  It probably would have all been free, but I forgot to give them my free yogurt coupon (which I used today). 


Bookmark and Share


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin