Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cara to the bank with her "Money Pig"

My sister painted Cara a very cute piggy bank 2 Christmases ago. Cara calls it her Money Pig. Any time she sees change she says, "Can I go put that in my money pig??!?" and gets very excited. It has also helped her learn to count, because I make her count the change each time she puts some in. Well, it was getting VERY heavy, and I keep it on a high shelf so she can't reach it, because I don't want her to drop it. So, we spent part of a day taking it to the bank that counts the change, and putting in her savings account. Our credit union only has one branch that has a coin counter, so we drove over to Hwy 6 and I-10 area. I was actually very bummed to find out they charge a fee, as I could have gone to the grocery store and done it. However, after we deposited it, they said, on her deposit is more because we don't charge minors the fee. Guess where Mommy and Daddy are going to take all their change from now on? I can transfer between accounts :), haha. Here she is dumping her coins in:
Here she is after I filled out her deposit slip.

Waiting in line.
After she handed her money to the lady.
We kept trying to get her attention (and on the drive over talked to her) about how we will put all the money God gave her in her bank, and we will donate 10% of it to our church, as God commands us too. But after the fun of putting the money in the machine ended, all she wanted to do was play on the little play area the bank had. And here's one of Micah, he was along for the ride too :)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin