Tuesday, March 03, 2009

What's that? I can't hear you!!?!

I'm sorry, I'm deaf to most noises today. My 4 month old screamed half the night last night and half the night today. It was fun. We had a couple good hours today. As you can tell by this beautiful picture.
And when I was nursing him before bed tonight, I teared up because (in between 'yelling' at me between sucks) I felt bad for being mad that I was so tired. I think to just 10 days ago when I was afraid he might not be ok, and then I think a little crying isn't so bad. My life isn't so bad. I get to stay home with my 2 beautiful children, and experience all their firsts. Like little man's first time in the swingset (and any swing in general) his Papa (my step-dad) built him.



Or the first time my daughter comes to me with little man's camo blanket and says she wants to put on her princess dress, so I oblige and tie it around her waist.

Or cooking with my 2 year old helping and my 4 month old cooing (for that short period of time) in the bouncy seat next to us.
So yes, motherhood can be tough. But when you start looking for the good, or our God, in everything, it makes it all worthwhile. Who wouldn't want to be a part of this (that's Cara sitting at the very EDGE of the garage. Eric was almost home and I told her she could wait for him IN the garage, so technically she was obeying)?

1 comment:

Jennifer Barnes said...

Ok, Misty. I'm going to give this a try. I found something I'd actually USE - DIAPERS - http://thecoupongame.blogspot.com/2009/03/amazing-huggies-deal-grab-your-coupons.html - Lowell and Korben are in sposies at night and church and we're fixin' to take a road trip to OKC for a week so they'll be in sposies then too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin