Monday, January 26, 2009

Baking Day

So, today Cara is at school, and I really wanted to get a lot of baking done. Since I'm trying to use what I have, and not go to the grocery store between now and 2/1/09, I didn't need to go shopping today. I did look around last night and find some good recipes to try, and they are both super yummy! I made a batch of pumpkin muffins (I left out the butterscotch chips because I didn't have them) and they are YUMMY. I made 12 normal muffins and 12 mini muffins. I ate 1, left a few out for this weeks breakfasts/snacks and froze about 2/3 of them. I love having good for you homemade breakfasts in the freezer. It's just as easy to grab them (let thaw the night before) then to grab something out of the pantry that's full of hydrogenated oils (i.e. trans fat that your body can't break down). I altered the recipe by using 1 cup whole wheat flour and 3/4 cups white flour.

I also used moneysavingmom.com's whole wheat waffle recipe and made a double batch. That waffle maker I got for my wedding 7.5 years ago is finally getting a workout ;). I'm freezing them as well. I'll post tonight's dinner later tonight.

1 comment:

Beaver said...

I just went looking for Money Saving Mom's recipe and it's no longer on her website! You don't happen to still have it somewhere, do you? I have a whole bunch of blueberries and I wanted to make some whole wheat blueberry waffles to put in the freezer... :(

Thanks, friend!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin