Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Tuesday Night Dinner--Violette's Lasagna

This recipe I got out of my Fix it and Forget it Cookbook, LOVE it--lots of crock pot recipes.
8 lasagna noodles (I only had 7), uncooked
1 lb. ground beef (I used ground venison, obviously)
1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
28 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
1/3 cup water
4 oz. can sliced mushrooms (I left out..yuck, Eric would have loved it) :)
15 oz ricotta cheese (I didn't have any, so I used cottage cheese)
2 cups shredded mozzarell cheese

1. Break noodels, Place half in bottom of greased slow cooker.
2. Brown ground beef in sauce pan, drain, stir in italian seasoning. Spread half over noodles in slow cooker.
3. Layer half of sauce and water, half of mushrooms, half of ricotta cheese, and half of mozzarella cheese over beef. Repeat Layers.
4. Cover, cook on low 5 hours. I put it on late, so I put on high for 1 hour and low for about 3 hours.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin