Sunday, February 01, 2009

Being Jesus with skin on.

So today, I got showered, ready, kids up, cleaned, clothed, fed and off to church all by myself (Eric goes at 7:30 for orchestra). As I was pulling out of my driveway, I saw our Sunday paper that gets delivered, and I thought, "I should throw that in the garage." But, I was a little late, and had already shut the garage, so I didn't. And wouldn't you know it, I get home, go get it, and it has been stolen. I mean, I know it's not worth much to some people, but um, if you have read my blog, that little $1.25 investment is very important to me. So I'm bummed. I know in my heart, that whoever stole it must need it more than me, and I hope they put those coupons to good use, but it still irks me. I'm trying to be like Jesus and not throw a royal tantrum, like I've been known to do in the past. I was going to try to see how much longer we could go without going to the grocery store (I mean, we desperately need bananas, but we have fresh apples, blueberries and grapes still, and some frozen veggies), but I need 1 egg to make brownies for tonight, and now I need to go pick up a paper!

In other news, if you aren't a fan of upromise.com you should be! They have monthly coupons that you can register for (you load your kroger, cvs, randalls, etc cards as well as debit/credit cards and earn money for college for your little ones). You don't have to clip them, but if you buy the products, then you get that money posted into your upromise account. I just wanted to make sure all my friends who use formula know about it. One of this months coupons is $5 into your upromise account if you buy 2 Similac formulas. Here's a link to the coupons, make sure to sign up!

1 comment:

The Brutsman Family said...

I can completely understand how you feel. I worked very hard to make one of my daughters a quilt for her birthday several months ago, only to have it stolen from the laundry mat before I had even given it to her. I tried to console myself with the fact that someone had probably made their own little girl very happy with it, but it didn't work. I was still terribly disappointed. I had planned to make another, but I just couldn't get my heart into it. I think it's about time I get to it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin