Monday, February 09, 2009

CVS $5 challenge

So I've been meaning to do this for awhile. For all my friends who are new to CVS'ing, Alyssa at Keeping the Kingdom First has this weekly blog carnival, and it is VERY helpful to read how others save money at CVS. I actually got to participate this week! Here are my transactions:

Transaction # 1
$1.99 Chewable pain reliever (earn $1.99 ECB) (monthly deal)
$3.99 Planters Snack unsalted roasted peanuts
-$3.99 FREE Planters snack coupon--won on a freebie website and mailed to me

Total OOP: $1.99 ECB's Earned $1.99

Transaction # 2
$6.49 Mylanta (earn $3 ECB)
-$2 Mylanta printable coupon
-$1.99 ECB from #1

Total OOP: $2.80 ECB's Earned $3

Transaction $3
$3.99 Stayfree dry max ultra thin pads (earn $2 ECB)
$3.99 Stayfree dry max ultra thin pads (earn $2 ECB)
-$3.99 B1G1 Free coupon from V1/4/09 coupon
-$1 Stayfree coupon -- I've had forever, don't know where from
-$3 ECB from previous transaction
Total OOP: $0! ECB's Earned $4 I LOVE walking away from a cash register with a receipt with money on it and not having paid any! :)

So, for all 3, total OOP: $4.79, ECB's left over $4. It's almost like I got all of that for $.79! :)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin